Several organizations host their website and staff email accounts through Critical Path. This gives you full access to the Mayfirst management system. You can create as many email accounts as you need for your organization through the MayFirst/PeopleLink management system. http://members.mayfirst.org/cp
To create email accounts you must first create a User Account, or Login name and Password combo, for that individual. Once you have created a new User Account, you can then create their email account.
- Go to the Member Control Panel at http://members.mayfirst.org/cp and log in using your website username and password.
- Now click on the “User Account” tab. Then choose “Add a New Item“.
- Enter the first and last name of the account holder, the account holder’s login name without the domain — e.g. sally.critpath.org (critpath is an example domain name). Then enter the password which must be at least six letters long and must be made up of a combination of letters and numbers (symbols that are caps of numbers are okay — e.g. ! is the cap of the number 1 and can be included in a password). Then confirm the password. Hit submit. Note: if you get an error, read it and fix what it tells you is wrong. Often this is a username that is already in use so change the username slightly to make it unique — e.g. sally00.critpath.org. You’ll be able to choose the email address you really want, e.g. sally@…, in the next step.
- Now go to the “Email Address” tab. Click on “Add a New Item”. You’ll see the words “Email Address” and two boxes. In the first box, enter the username for the email address. In the second, pull down to the name of the domain you’re working with. If your domain name does not show up in the list, please contact Critical Path at email@example.com or 215-985-4448 x145.
- If you are creating a regular email account, check the radio button that says “Choose from an existing user account” and scroll down to the login name, or user account that you just created. The other radio button is for creating aliases and forwarding email. Click submit. Your new email should appear on the list. Sometimes it shows a status of “pending”. Don’t worry about that. The server is creating the email account. In fact, if you hit “refresh” at the top of the screen, the status will probably change to “Active”.
- After you’ve created your email accounts, log out and use your webmail program or your own email client to test the accounts (you might need directions for configuring your e-mail client). If there’s a problem, please contact Critical Path at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-985-4448 x145.